Friday, January 1, 2010

About

I'm attempting to read the Quran for love.

For the love of God? Maybe, but more for love for my family members and my partner.

For a family that is hell-bent (no pun intended) on converting my partner to the religion, I wanted to read the Book for myself and see what it is that I'm converting him to. For my partner, considering how we both feel about religion, I thank you for being open and it's only fair that I go down this road so I can lead the way down this unfamiliar path.

I'm not trying to be irreverent or blasphemous when I do a "Hot or Not". It's just a systematic way for me to really pinpoint what it is that resonates with me, and what it is that repels me. I'm not criticizing the religion, I'm merely giving voice to what I feel about certain verses. At the end of the day, I really wish we can all live and let live without trying to convince others that only one world view is the right one.

And lastly, I'm doing this for the love of Peace. Reading a Book of the Religion of Peace would, I hope, allow me to make a decision that I will be at peace with. A decision that would be fair to my family who raised and loved me, my partner, and ultimately, to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment